The Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network was initially funded, in part, by a three-year grant (#5D06RH00046-03) from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (US DHHS), Public Health Service (PHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Bureau of Primary Health Care, Office of Rural Health Policy. The project period was from September 30, 1997 to August 31, 2000. The Network is now in its self-sufficiency phase as a non-profit corporation and secured 501(c)(3) status in October of 2000.
Vision of the Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network
The vision of the Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network is to link agencies and resources to improve the health and wellness of the communities it serves.
Mission of the Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network
The Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network's mission is to improve and expand access to quality health and wellness services with an emphasis placed on meeting the needs of the underserved, promote community health awareness, and provide continuing education for member agencies. The Network will achieve improvements through the collaboration, coordination and sharing of services and resources among members. Its service area includes the Missouri counties of Adair, Clark, Knox, Lewis, Linn, Macon, Putnam, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby, and Sullivan.
Goals of the Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network
- To remain a self-sufficient Network to provide high quality services to our members and constituents.
- To provide leadership in responding to identified gaps in health and wellness services by promoting collaboration, coordination, and sharing of information and resources among Network members.
- To engage in collaborative development solutions and strategies and programs that reduce barriers to healthcare access and to respond to unmet health care needs, with emphasis on underserved populations.
- To promote and support the local delivery of health and wellness services by facilitating linkages and collaboration among health care providers and others both within and outside of the Network service area..
- To facilitate rural-based learning experiences for health professions students and continuing education for member agencies.
- To advocate for policies and programs that will improve the health of rural populations.
Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network
117 W. Potter Avenue, Kirksville, MO 63501
Toll Free 877-539-2227